Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Stripes and Denim

Hello Refashion Co-op. I combined some items in my stash to make clothes that fit. When I was done I had a pair of denim shorts and a denim skirt with black stripes on the sides.


It started with these jeans. They were nice but had faded knee spots that didn't match the location of my actual knees. Even if I hemmed them the knee spots look a little off. 


I also had these 2 skirts. I really likes them, but they didn't fit me anymore. (Babies and middle age can do that.)


I cut panels out of the black skirt.


The black panels added enough fabric to make the skirt and the shorts fit comfortably. It was nice to have clothes that fit and a few less items in the stash.


Here they are, being worn by me. I wore the shorts at home and my toddler splashed yogurt all over them. And the skirt I wore to a local paint night. Painting is hard. Very hard.


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.


2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

I think the black is the secret, Both look great.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks RanchHouse!