Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Do "tri" this at home.

It's a pun. My post is about a dress with triangles on it. I apologize for any groans my title causes. Also, I should warn you, this is the worst "before" picture ever.
 I assure you there are small triangles on there. See?
This dress another easy fix. I pretty much just wanted to make it smaller. I also like to take my '80s dresses back to the '40s. Google "80s does 40s dress." Here I did it for you. 
One of my new tricks is cutting off collars. Yup, I just hack off collars and it makes it easier to get a fitting bodice. In this case, I didn't take the whole thing, just the part that goes around the neckline
 
After de-collaring, I just did the usual reduction of excess fabric, including shorter sleeves. Here you go:
I used the flash on these pics and I'm guessing that's why it isn't nearly as hideous as the "before" shots. Also, I'm wearing makeup.
So, do feel free to check out the full post on my blog Craft, Thrift, or Die. I talk about geometric prints!


2 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

It's adorable!

I Can Work With That said...

This is a great remake. Love the triangles
Chickie